The New Day

"Let the new day shine its light on me
Shake the old way, nights too dark to see
Free tomorrow, it's bright with something new
Believe the righteous, and it will come true. "
-Greta Van Fleet "The New Day"


Anyone out there felt any anxiety over the last two weeks?  Anyone seen their 'normal' world change more rapidly than you have been prepared for?  Frustrated with not being able to do things how you 'normally' do them?  Not me, I'm fine.  Just kidding.  The last few weeks have been taxing to say the least, and normal is not normal anymore.  I have been trying to focus on the following the last two weeks:  a) take care of myself; b) take care of my family; c) accomplish work tasks that seem to be difficult to focus and get traction on; d) stay positive.  It's odd how a pandemic will change what is important, your mental status, your amount of food you eat on a daily basis, and who you have an opportunity to interact with.  As I went on a run this morning (see a above), the Greta Van Fleet song mentioned above came on.  If any band members read this, THANK YOU for your incredible art, music, soul enhancing sounds.  (shout out to all my favorite bands/artists, I'm not ignoring you)  As the song began, my pace picked up at mile 2.5, and then the words above rolled into my brain.  This is a new day we are entering.  Actually, each new day seems to be a new day.  (Sorry if that is too much metaphor)  I am thankful that God shines His light on me in every new day.  We are all in the process of 'shaking off the old way', and it seems right now our country is in a 'night' where it is 'too dark to see' what effect the COVID 19 pandemic will have on our days and nights.  I continue to pray for our health care workers, first responders, researchers, anyone that is in the middle of this strange, dark time.  I know that tomorrow will be bright with something new for each of us.  I believe the words of the righteous - in James 4:13, he talks about those who say 'today or tomorrow we will....', but daily it seems that the plans we have put in place need to change to meet the needs of right now.  In 14 and 15: "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.  What is your life?  You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.  Instead, you ought to say, "if it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.""  According to the wisdom of Greta Van Fleet, 'it will come true.'  The anxiety, frustration, moderating for ourselves a new normal - it all washes away for me when I focus on what will come true.  I will be with the creator of the universe if I get the COVID and pass away.  That is the light that shines on me.  That is the freedom that overwhelms me, the darkness fades to light, and the peace that transcends all understanding fills me to full.  Until the virus gets me, or until God calls me from this broken world, I am thankful that The New Day is today, and I am here to do great things for the Kingdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.