Love. Much. Forever.

Here we are, two months later, and I haven't blogged like i always says i'm going to.  Don't think for a minute that there are not blog type things that run through my brain, because there are.  But I am once again starting my half-marathon training to build wells in Africa for the Pokot nation, and as per usual, running gives me time to pray, engage with God, and unplug from the reality of this broken world.  Anywho-as I was running through my new school (insert air conditioning to combat running in heat and humidity) and praying, I was questioning myself on whether or not I am engaging with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit enough.  Whilst in NYC, I had more flexibility in my days and could purposefully set aside time to do just that along with reading the bible.  Not so much here in suburbia with a new job, family, trying to break with vacation and events, etc.  But I really felt like God asked me "But are you listening to me?"  And truly, I feel like I am - and that has been a huge growth for me over the last decade.  As my friend Bec says: "do I have an ear to heaven", and whenever I am not sure what to do, say, where to go, why to do things, I work to engage in just that.  In those moments - right in the middle of that moment of uncertainty - saying to God - help me here; what do you want me to do; is this true; is this pleasing to you; how can I help this person; who do you want me to connect with; and similar questions.  And, as scripture tells us = He is faithful.  He always points me to what is true and right.  And I certainly need that because I often hear him, and don't do what He is asking, or I do and know that He is leading me to something, someone, or where to go and why.  And I love Him for loving me.  For being full of grace.  For showing me truth each day.  And beauty.  And Love.  Thank you for my life and all that is given to me so I might have life to the full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal