Sin Cliff.

This is His way.  A journey.  Journeys are not easy, they are challenging.  If we are OF this world, it is a ride on the struggle bus to be for this world.  What is it that I desire?  I want to do what He wants me to do, but like Paul said thousands of years ago in Romans 7:

I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.  And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.  As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.  I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.  For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.  For what I do is not what I want to do--this I keep on doing.  Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 

What a great big fat nugget of truth.  Being in this world is a challenge to say the least, and 'the forces of this world that are seen and unseen' continue to press us into that sin living in ourselves Paul speaks of.  I find myself more and more often crying out to God to help me - and often times I am crying out as I run off the cliff to do what I hate to do.  I want to do what is right.  After I run off the sin cliff, I cry out for God to help me.  He must shake His glorious crowned head at us every day, or maybe He is so completely full of magnificent Grace that He doesn't shake his head, but extends His love and pull us back onto His safe mountain - the same one He gave Moses truth to live by.  What a crazy picture that is.  And yet, that is what I would love to be able to do - speak truth in grace to those around me - including my own bad self. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal