More.

This past year, the superstar and I joined a small group of sorts called a 'huddle'.  This group spends our weeks working through the 3dm book Building a Discipling Culture.  Let's be honest, the first year back in the D, I simply worked and slept for the most part.  Didn't really have margin in my life to engage with others in our faith, spend a lot of time meeting with other christian men, etc.  I did spend a lot of the year simply praying during my commute, and God certainly taught me much about prayer as a discipline.  I used to long to listen to NPR on the morning commute, now I simply want to spend time with Him.  Back to modern times.  This huddle has put me a space with superstar and some incredible other couples that are spending their lives pursuing Him.  Listening.  Prayerfully considering how to live their lives.  I missed this type of community in the move, and it was like unplugging from a power source and watching your battery percentage slip until you could plug in for a few minutes just to keep on keeping on.  But this group has brought me back to a place of enjoyment pursuing Jesus in community with others doing the same.  I have had many learning opportunities in this quest, such as understanding kairos moments and how they can guide me/us to understanding what God is saying to me/us, and what He wants us to do about it.  Certainly something that I will continue to learn from.  Another is the pendulum of work and rest.  Way out of whack this past year, but I have truly worked to spend less time at work, on work, engaged in work stuff.  And it is good.  One challenge that we did this last couple of weeks was to look at not just setting goals for the new year, not just perceiving what it is that God is calling us to do next, but to hone that down to one word for the year.  That, my friends is not such an easy task.  One word that can lead and guide me this year to follow Him and understand what He is saying to me, and what He wants me to do about it.  I really struggled with this task, and sought God's word for me this year.  Didn't really feel like that was working, or that He had a specific word for me.  But as I sat in mid-week last week seeking His word for me, during a worship song, I felt like God gave me the word MORE.  Certainly I have felt a sense that God wants me to do LESS at work, but here are the phrases that I feel God will lead me with for 2015 surrounding the word MORE:
More of You
More Time with You
More time unselfish
More work in Your Kingdom
More time with my kids
More love for those I dislike
More trust with His plan
More work for the kingdom
More trust
More expression
More kingdom power
More glory revealed
More trustworthiness
More of His Word
More time with Him
More time pouring into people/others
More of Him
More wisdom
More knowledge
More Jesus
More Kingdom
More of His grace
More of everything He offers
More of His presence
More of Christ
More of His disciples
More time with my wife
More people
More bravery
More praying
More love
More hatred for Satan
More sync
More following
More seeing
Mighty Open-handed Religious Explosions
Majestically Open Righteous Engagement
Multiple Opportunities Reuniting Everyone
This is what I am going to do with my one word for this year - and work to have less of me.  To see explosions of trust and perseverance that I wasn't even ready for, and my prayer is that God will continue to reveal to me what His MORE is for me this year, and that by pushing into that, others might have MORE of Him in their lives.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Timm, this is incredible!!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal