It's easy to get lost here....

Ahhhh.  Florida.  Vacation.  Warm sun.  Palm Trees.  Family time.  Games with Grandma and Grandpa.  Doing a puzzle.  Reading the first fiction book I think I have read in years.  Running every day.  Beach.  Did I mention palm trees?
This may have been the best vacation ever.  Maybe.  If not, pretty darn close.  But just as in life, all good things must come to an end.  And we return to Brooklyn.  Still unclear on what God has for the KKFT next.  It certainly seems that He continues to push my heart to service.  Serve.  Serving.  I feel like I have learned a lot over the last five years in this area.  And upon my return to BKLY, I said hello to more people in our neighborhood - which is  not the norm by the by - and felt a sense of wonder.  Has God changed his position on our call here?  So far, I would say no.  But I am open to His promptings.
And lately, his promptings keep pointing me to the fact that you can get lost here in NYC.  Easily.  I can lose myself in a crowd any time of day, any day of the week (save maybe sunday morning when most people don't do much of anything).  I can lose my identity and thoughts in who I am here quite easily.  Going through the motions of the daily grind has a tendency here to drive you into submission of simply that - going through the motions.  And it is easy to get lost in what is true.  What is right.  There is much in self-gratification capabilities in this city, and most anything can be delivered to your door within the hour if you want - and many of those things not true and not right.  You can leave your door, and get lost in the worldly pleasures and access to things that may not be so grand for you.  It's easy to get lost here.  And maybe this season is telling me just that - to not get lost here.  To continue to fight for what is true.  What is right.  What is just.  And to serve others before myself in this process of following Him.  It's easy to get lost here....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.