What an encouragement

I mentioned in my last post that much time transpired between blogs - and one reason that was happening was because I felt uncommitted to writing a blog as I pondered many 'unknowns'.  I have come to a great realization that I personally enjoy the visionary lifestyle.  I want to see what things will look like way down the road.  I want to see my daughters in successful lives married to great Godly men, my marriage with superstar 10 years from now even more beautiful than today, my work broadening and seeing what and how I might be impacting and influencing leaders of schools, etc.  But this week I was encouraged by God and others to focus on today.  This moment.  God is quite comfortable with all those unknowns, and he wants me to be too.  Pastor (female, not male) reminded me yesterday that this is a trust issue.  Do I truly trust God with all the unknowns?  My answer must be - not so much.  I do know I trust Him completely, but times in life I ignore that and try to figure things out on my own. 
Saturday, we spent time at our friend's house - the Natural Disaster is in the photo here - out on Long Island. (Insert lon GUY land accent).  This is a friend I have now - and I am ever thankful to have his friendship.  I never would have engaged in a friendship with him had I not been called to this city.  Not just him, but his wife, Herwitz and his emorama, Javito and his fiancee.  You get the picture.  We spent the entire day enjoying each other, bbq ing Herwitz's special meat, playing yard games, watching the girls play in a 'rural' setting as Alli referred to it, and laughing and smiling a bunch.  And as I reflected on the time together, I never had the vision to be in relationship with these men and women.  God did.  He knew it would benefit us all to engage with each other.  (Even though superstar and I had to laugh when we did the math and figured out that Herwitz was 4 when we started dating, and the Disaster was 10 - Olivia's age)  And I spent time the last two days praising God for His vision.  For putting these men and women that are such an encouragement to me in my life.  For giving me gifts I didn't anticipate and for giving me friends that I truly love and care for - and will for years to come.  What an encouragement. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal