Unknowingly knowing the unknown.

I sit in Brooklyn. Awaiting my trip to MI this evening. I get to spend some quality work time with the Aussie this week - I know if you follow this, you might be sick of me talking about him. But the truth is, he has been a light to me over the last couple of years. He is truly one of the greatest friends I have ever had in my life, and I am 100% certain that God brought us together for something - perhaps mutual blessings. As we both are uncertain of what might transpire the next few weeks, the next few months, the next several years, we often try to speak truth into each others' lives, and share in our joys and our sorrows. I truly can't tell you where I might be emotionally or spiritually if he wasn't part of my life for the last few years. I am thankful that I have had time to learn from him, to grow with him, to be challenged and affirmed by him. All of our interactions have made me a stronger man. This week, I spoke at communitas about 'life in the spirit' - I really just tried to tell the story. But it is hard to tell the story of living in the spirit and walk away not being challenged. If you are walking in the spirit - you are going to do some things that are uncomfortable. Speaking in front of crowds. Helping a lady with her cart onto her porch. Comforting a drunk that falls and hurts himself. Listening to someone challenge your ability to demonstrate hospitality in the face of hard work. Have someone laugh at you, say you are not worthy, or point the finger at you when things don't go right for them. All not so fun. And in the middle of all that - not truly knowing what might happen as I said the next couple weeks, months, years. But I am again encouraged by the Aussie - as we truly try our best to follow Jesus. Knowing that we are such wretched sinners that don't even deserve a small bit of grace, but are lavished by God in so many ways it literally can bring you to tears thinking about his grace and love and mercy for us. One thing is what brings us hope. Knowing in the unknown. Knowing that God is with us. He cares about us. He loves us. In spite of our sin, He serves us with unabashed love that pours tears from our eyes. Thank you for the hope. For the knowing of Your love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal