Netlettinggo.

There is much going on in the life and times of T$ to be sure. I still take time each day to reflect upon our time in Dowlaiswaram, India, and continue to press into things I feel God is moving in my heart, mind, spirit. And I am thankful for that processing. But He has been moving in my life for a few months now on another front. My nets. Listened to a great weekend full of teaching from Tim Keller and Joe Stowell and my mind continues to chew on the words of Joe Stowell. He talked about Simon and Andrew, and how they immediately dropped their nets to follow the invitation of partnership to go down the path with Jesus. The last few years have taught me so much about what my nets are. Think of the life of a fisherman - and just what the nets mean. Without the nets, there is no livlihood. You couldn't do the work. I have had several nets that I have not been willing to let go of in my lifetime in trying to really follow Jesus. Let's be honest - I have nets I DON'T WANT TO LET GO OF. It is hard to let go of the nets that bring you what you think is important. Probably my biggest net has been my career. After meeting relatively early success in leadership, I enjoyed the sense of pride I had from leading - and being pretty good at it. I would follow God in many areas of my life, but when it came to work, I would lead the path, and look back at Jesus and tell him 'I got this'. But the last couple of years has given me opportunities to let go of this big net, and without hesitation, I can tell you there are some key individuals that have helped me to let go of my nets. Superstar of course - encouraging me, challenging me, loving and serving me. Pastor - listening, focusing me, and praying for me. Aussie - what a gift from God this man has been to me in my work, and in my netlettinggo. Yeah. Just coined a new word. Deal with it. I have felt that God has been calling me to do something else for many months now. I still am very unclear on what that means. Stay in my current job? Go to work with this company in a different role? Take on the challenge of the head of school position? Continue the conversation of possibilities with that company? No idea what is 'right' in God's eyes. But I can tell you that I feel as if I have completely let this net drop at His feet. Over the last few months in the process of looking at other opportunities, I feel that God continues to honor that and bless me with several opportunities that would be incredible work to glorify Him in what He has given me in skills, talents, and resources. Moving to final rounds in some of these processes and 'one more hurdle' in others, I feel an overwhelming assurity that God is moving something forward here. One might think that I would be going insane crazy with anxiety in not knowing what is goign to be the outcome with all of that going on, but the peace surrounds me each day. Why? Because I have engaged in the netlettinggo and IT. IS. GOOD. I stand in the presence of God and ask that he clear the path for me. That His machete would chop down the trees between my will and His cross. And in meeting my NYR of reading the bible and journalling each day this year has been such a comfort for me to spend that time each day with the word and be in His presence. Knowing that He has plans to prosper me. Wherever that might be. I continue to engage in the netlettinggo and enjoy each step in all of these processes and enjoy the people I am meeting along this path. I am overwhelmed with the blessings. I feel like because I have been faithful in these things, that He is showing me just what He can do with my career - and that my friends is full of limitless possibilities. I am giddy with excitement to find out what His path holds for me, and in particular what that path might look like for the next few months. Without netlettinggo, I don't think this blog post would have ever happened. I was reminded by cramden last night that I still have nets to let go of, and I can't wait to see what happens when the rope burns heal and I am further down the path. What are your nets?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal