In the midst.

A new year. New beginnings. New life. The old has gone, the new has come. An opportunity to set new goals based on the past, leave mistakes behind. Start afresh. Right. We are only four days into the year, and it appears the turmoil and tornadoes have erupted afresh. The clarity on what I am supposed to be doing in my job is the polar opposite of clarity. Not that I don't know what I am supposed to do in my current role. It is just that I don't know if that spitball is going to stick to the wall, or not. And I am fine with that. It is quite confusing, however. I have a peace that 'transcends all understanding' as Paul wrote to the Phillipians in 4:7. So I look at the message version and hear this:
Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
This is the peace that I am experiencing in the midst of whirlwinds I don't understand. His sense of wholeness - that all of this will come together for GOOD - that is what settles me down in the midst of troubles. I know He is with me. And I don't worry, I pray. God- WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? Help me to see YOUR plan - not what I desire (although I also have expressed my STRONG feelings to Him continuously for several years now)And those prayers are shaped by that kind of petition - and praise that He has never let me down in my career. EVER. That is something that will displace worry for anyone. EVER.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing bro! Your words help settle my own heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day