The Last Push

Today I ran 3.67 miles - it is a trip around the entire park perimeter - more than I usually run, and a bit challenging for me I might add. But great joy in making this push. As I ran along the west side of the park, I was on the last big upswing of the run. A half mile or so up this hill, and I knew that it would be 'all downhill from there'. This saying is used so often in life "Oh, it's all downhill from here". But I didn't want to run up that last upswing. I wanted it to be downhill. I wanted it to be easy. I wanted it to take less effort. But as I often experience during my runs, God taught me something about "The Last Push". That He could do it for me. That it wouldn't be hard if I depended on Him and not on my own abilities. I see so many correlations in my life right now. The last push of this school year is a bit challenging. The last push of this job position - also challenging. The last push of my potential for impact on friends, colleagues, and students at our school. On an even deeper level - I feel like superstar and I are entering our last push with our kids. More so with Alli than Olivia, but it is coming. This is a last push that is hard. Paying attention is key. I feel like it is also a last push in our marriage. (No, nothing is wrong, stronger than ever thank you) Even more so - perhaps the last push of my lifetime in all things that I have in my life. Let's face it. Smoker for 20 years or so. Didn't take care of my body for that middle portion of my life -which I am certain inflicted some damage in different areas. 40% of Americans will get cancer. Most will die from it. I may actually be in my last push. I hope that God shows me grace and protects my body and my spirit from corruption that is of this world. But certainly, I am most likely on the downswing of that equation. So back to the point. I need to continue to allow Him to help me with my 'last push'. To teach me where to go, what to do, how to live. This week has been very powerful for me spiritually - because I have spent time with Him pushing into His word and His will. I hope I can maintain that momentum and that perhaps my last push will be a mighty one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal