All this wonder.


I know that my words are not going to be enough to explain to you what this week has been for me. It is sometimes a challenge to look at the last few years and think about some of the hard things I have had to get through at my work locations. And yet, I do know that some of the hardships have taught me some of the hardest lessons that I have had to learn. But having the opportunity to work for a company that really believes in developing people has been more than I can ever deserve in a job. Yes, they pay me for what I do, and quite well I might add. And I love it. It is hard at times, but I do love it. And this week opened my eyes just to see a very small glimpse of the iceberg that will be my new position. And the iceberg is beautiful, even if I can only see the tip of it. (Let's not diminish the fact that I got to hang with Berman for a bit while I was there, and a fabulous weekend with my Dad - love you Dad.) At this point, my company has asked if I would be willing to work full time with the aussie and work on leadership development within our organization. If you are someone that knows me, or someone that has worked with me in the past, you know that this is something that has always been a huge part of who I am in my work - I truly believe in developing people and their leadership skills. And I think I certainly have gotten better at that over the years. This week was our final meeting of a group the aussie and I have led all year, a culmination of developing them as leaders. So we rented a 'retreat house' and took them there to finish the year with an opportunity to review our learning, do some culminating activities and the like. If you look at the photo, this is the view off our balcony on the third floor we stayed on...I'm just sayin'. The aussie and I were like a couple of school boys just soaking it in as we talked about how honored we are to do the work we do, and to have the opportunity to dream big for our organization and working to lead leaders of the future.
But let's get back to Friday the 6th if you will allow me a moment. If you read my blog, you saw my last post - And a phrase came back to me: "Be a Leader of Schools." I did look in my journal of years ago, and that phrase was given to me in my quiet time on 2/22/2008. So over three years ago. God had a plan. He knew what He wanted me to do. And I have done my best to let Jesus be my CEO and my PR department and my guide in my career, our selection of where to live, what to do with our assists, and the like. I can tell you I have not been perfect, but I certainly trust Him more each day I give my love, my life, and my resources to Him that created me. Without taking time to listen to Him, I may have never heard that phrase, and may have never written this post because of the connection He made for me. But all this wonder and hope I have is because of His providence for my life. Peace and joy to all this wonder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal