whodat?

As the sun sets across Brooklyn, and I sit on the terrace enjoying the coolness of the shade and the greenery of the trees in all the 'yards' behind the houses in our hood, I am thankful for where I live. Brooklyn is a special place, and these mere words on this measly website will not thoroughly convey my thoughts and emotions that now run deep for this place. I can tell you that the grittiness of the neighborhoods is palpable. I can tell you there is no pretentiousness from people that live in MOST neighborhoods here. I can tell you the diversity brings the world to your rods and cones quickly each day. It is not easy to live here. It is a challenge. The curse words you hear on a daily basis are enough to make you join in the use of new adjectives in never before imagined ways. The fact that some ladies put on a shirt and forget to wear pants with that shirt sometimes makes you want to shout "Dammit, Bobby, put some pants on." The fact that when a light turns green, if you are at the front of the line, and you wait even one nanosecond before slamming the accelerator, you will get honked at. The fact that rent and housing is ridiculously expensive can make you want to buy a small crap house in the Clem and move on. But it is home. To so many new yorkers that I love. I enjoy each day here, even with life's small frustrations. And the sun rises and sets on the righteous and sinners alike.
Today I got to spend time with my superstar. And I love her more now than ever. Thank you God for the beautiful gift of love and for my superstar. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
um that was very heart warming.
However can you help me? I don't know what pretentiousness means. Does that make me a redneck?
pickel head
Charlotte Kelly said…
Pretentiousness: behaving or speaking in such a manner as to create a false appearance of great importance or worth. That is the definition on the computer.
I agree that this is not an easy place to live, but I have found that many things that I truly appreciate in life are not the easy things.....
Love you lots.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal