So So Much.

I haven't posted in over 10 days. Not to say that I did not think of posting, or have things to contemplate. I did. But for some reason, I was fighting the urges to blog on things. So now, you will have to sit there in your seat (I hope it is a comfy one) and read through my personal regurgitation of so many things, you might be sick of me by the time I am finished. Heck, you're probably already sick of me, but that's only because you know me.

First-Olivia turned 8 on her 'birthweek' this week. You see, at our house, there are multiple events during that week now for birthdays. Family night together to celebrate, day to take treats in to school, friends party, small group cake and ice cream. See, that's nearly a week already. So we have enjoyed the birthweek, breakfast together as a family (something new-ty terrace bagels YUM). As I sat on the plane and prayed for Olivia and her life, her relationship with God, her future, her wisdom, it occurred to me what was going on when she was born. We were in the midst of building our home on Woodside, I was in my first administrative job, living upstairs at my parents, and Alli was 2. That seems like so long ago. My desire to raise our girls in the ways of God continue to intensify as I realize we are about the half way point of influence with Alli, and almost there with Olivia. We can only influence and impact them so much while we guide them into adulthood, and God knows we need help with that! It is a joy to watch them grow, and I love them both dearly. Happy Birthday to the GROUND!

Second-I love my wife. Although I am not the perfect husband (no, really, I'm not), I do feel like superstar and I are in the best place we have ever been in our relationship. My heart for her grows stronger each day, and I can tell you that God gave me what I do not deserve in her. I long to be with her when I am away, and she has the ability to pour love and grace and mercy over me when I least expect it. I know she prays for me each day, and I can tell you that God has answered so many of her prayers to change me, my heart, and my life. Without that level of prayer, I know that I would not be following Jesus the way I am today. Did I mention that she keeps getting hotter as we get older? Yeah. I just said that. BAM!

Terd Ferguson-we have developed and continue to develop a friendly relationship with our neighbors-drummer boy and the brit. The brit is at the last stages of her radiation treatments for breast cancer. We have done our best to try to support them and their beautiful daughter, Sylvia, while the brit goes through her treatments. Superstar has been able to serve them by helping, cooking, etc. Through all this, they have come over most Friday nights and spent time with us and the andrews family (du du du dut snap snap). Last week, my heart was overwhelmed with the level of conversations we had in our apartment, and the deep level of sharing that they both had with us. It is my hope that we will be friends for many many many years, as I love them more each day. It doesn't hurt that drummer boy seems to have the same sense of humor that I do, and is willing to drag things on along the path of humor as much as I do, and even further down the path. I enjoy spending any time at all with them, and look forward to so much more of doing life with them now and in the future.

Fourf- I love Brooklyn. Riding home in the cab from LGA last night as the temperature was in the low 70's, the sun had just set, the city lights twinkled in the windows of the cab, and I passed the Chrysler building, the Empire State building, the williamsburg, manhattan, and Brooklyn bridges, looked over lower manhattan as we went along the BQE, passed the Statue of Liberty and Governor's Island, and saw the colors of the western sky as staten island and the verrazano drifted past.....I was just sitting in the cab smiling. The smile was because I indeed love where I live. I was happy to sit in the car and know that I was 'going home', and seeing the buildings so tall with so many people in them was part of where I live. I don't know how to describe that joy in my heart, but it is some type of affinity for Brooklyn in particular that I don't think is something I can describe. I loved living in Davisburg. I loved living in Lake Orion. I loved living in Richmond. But this is different. I don't know why, or what it is, but it is different. Some type of space in my heart, mind, and soul is filled because of Brooklyn.

E- After not acquiring one of the principal positions here this year, I was rather uncertain of what was going to happen with my job. Not uncertain in the fact that I had a loss of trust or was freaking out, but just wasn't sure what was going to happen or what God was going to do with this. I spent much time praying, trying to listen to God about where I might be, if I should look at a different company, different city, just uncertain. I even had a interview lined up to investigate working with another organization. But I cancelled that. I really believe in our company, the vision, the purpose. They have poured into me for nearly two years now, and I am so unbelievably thankful for what they have done for me not only professionally, but personally, and perhaps even spiritually to some extent. I am humbled by the level of excellence and commitment of the other professionals that i get to work with on a daily basis. I love what I do, and that passion continues to expand because of the things we are doing together. So after I cancelled that opportunity, I felt it was the right thing to do. After spending some time in GR this week, I now KNOW it was right. I found out that I will be (probably) helping the two new schools in NYC, maybe the new one in Atlanta, and working on some 'special projects'. The special projects are all leadership related, and I am flabbergasted (yeah, it's a word) to be involved in them. I am overwhelmed by AD's belief in me and confidence in my abilities to do this for the year, and I am very curious to see what this might develop into. So I do have a floorplan on my work for next year, and I am excited about that fo sho.

Lastly-there is much more to tell, but we are off to meals on heels, so I will spare you from more regurgitation. I'll leave you with the image of a dueling piano bar where they perform Rage Against the Machine's 'killing in the name of', and me enjoying that with some great friends.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal