Reign Supreme

The sound of Christmas Carols, the Menorahs lit up across the landscape, Christmas lights on every corner, and even a bit of colder weather. Now it is feeling like Christmas. It might seem odd, but even with Thanksgiving and my bday-which usually instantly jump start the 'holiday mood' for me, it has not seemed like Christmas already to me. I thought maybe it was because the fall seemed to be trickling here in nyc, as it lasts much longer than in MI. The leaves stay on the trees, the weather is much much warmer, and it is sunny more often. But I think I have come to the conclusion that because I am engaged more in the day to day of life, and at least trying to do my best to follow Jesus, the time of year does not engrain itself into my daily thoughts and life as it used to. I am more 'present' in the 'present'. I am engaged more in daily life and the day, not the season.

So as school this calendar year winds down, (or is it up?) I look back on 2009 and see the gifts that have been presented to me by our Creator. It is an incredible honor to serve Him with your life. Truly unbelievable when you sit down and really take a substantial look at the opportunities presented to you each day to follow. I am thankful the Jesus lives in me, and that His promises are true. That I have the Holy Spirit to guide me in all things, and God pours his grace out on me--even when I least deserve it. I am thankful for his Reign Supreme.

Comments

Anonymous said…
this is our last night to light our manorah. We have enjoyed the scriptures and the time of family.

So much for you to look back on in 09. But such success in the life lived for the Creator! And so much work to still enjoy.
tmp
Charlotte Kelly said…
I know it shouldn't, but when I see the word "supreme" I can't help but think about the nacho supreme on taco bell's menu. Yes, it has definitely been too long since i've indulged in the BELL!And, why did I just admit that?

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.