Danny Cox Rules

Among other things, over a foot of snow fell upon this grand city Saturday afternoon/evening on into the morning of Sunday. We landed at about 13" in "The Terrace", and I realized just how much a snowfall brings me into the spirit of Christmas and brings joy to my heart to see all things white. The beauty of the flakes, the quiet that falls from above paints things like they were not before. There is so much beauty in that.
Speaking of beauty, Kushmonkey came and watched the girls Saturday night so we could enjoy an evening out with some dear friends of communitas. What a perfect evening to be out in a blizzard....and I actually mean that. Walking in the city with the hustle and bustle slowed to a crawl because of the snow, great conversations at a lovely restaurant that was actually reasonable-much praise to RR for putting it all together. The beauty I see in my closest friends is that of Jesus. Their willingness to show their brokenness and live open handedly helps me to continue down the road.
Lastly-I think I mentioned Danny Cox coming to nyc to celbrate with communitas for Thanksgiving. I listen to at least part of his new album almost daily. And because of the razorback, I'm actually learning to play a couple-coolness. The songs are so singable, I find myself waking up with the words in my mouth. Throughout the day, lines from the songs float into my consciousness and remind me of the purpose of life, and the promise there is in Jesus. Danny Cox Rules.

Comments

Morgan's Mom said…
In ALL Things.....He reigns in All Things.
Love the CD!! Merry Christmas

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.