Where is my faith?

As of late, I feel like a pile of red kelp.  Ever see it on the water before?  It just kind of floats along in a pile.  No purpose other than being kelp and being red.  Not much action coming from it.  Not much results coming from it.  Just up and down.  Up and down.  Back and forth.  Up a wave of life.  Down a wave, and I mean down.  Each day, it feels like the only thing that is sustaining me is the Word.  His Presence.  That's it.  I told my friend president this morning I almost feel like I am living in Ecclesiastes.  Feel like it doesn't matter.  Just motions.  People are broken.  Life is hard.  Ugly.  Being involved in people's lives on a deep level exposes you to the hurt, the ugly, the damage that life can do to people, their spirit, their trust.  I am ever thankful for the light - for how it points me to the fact that the only thing that can keep you from falling into the pit of life is the triune God of this universe.  His Holy Spirit guiding your steps, whispering in your ear what is true and right.  God opening your eyes to who He is and what is good.  Jesus' sacrifice so that the ugly and the dark in my life, and all those in this world would be wiped away and so that we could unite with our Creator.  This is my strength.  My lifeline.  I know He is leading to something new, and I don't feel clear on when that is, or if I should unhook from this zip line I am connected to, and fall into His love.  Am I falling short on doing what I think I should do?  Am I not doing it because I am not being faithful?  Or am I not supposed to do it just yet?  I know He is trustworthy.  I know what I need to do.  I pray for clarity on the knowing when to unhook from the zip line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal