Why do I stop?

So much for the new year's resolution of writing a blog post each week = Fail Army.  I can say that I am at least 333% better this year already (not including this post) than last, so clearly improvement.  I wanted to commit to writing a post a week because it truly helps me to process life, learning, and next steps in my life.  The last few months have not been limited in these areas, as my life has drastically changed, I have learned so many things, and every day in June, I have taken new 'next steps' personally, professionally, spiritually, and emotionally.  As a human being and a follower of Jesus, I try to keep running the race as Paul once said, and there are times at work, in exercise, in relationships, in friendships, in my pursuit of Jesus that I simply can't continue on - I stop.  Sometimes to protect myself, sometimes to redirect my energies to more fruitful opportunities, and sometimes simply because I can't keep doing something that hurts.  The last couple of years, I have really been experiencing the power that comes from God in my weakness.  There have been many days after the move back to MI where I simply can't muster the strength to do - well - to do whatever - work, running, relationships, walking with Christ.  And I have learned that this is exactly what Jesus wants us to do - to go to the Father for our strength in our weakness.  And He is faithful more than we can ever imagine.   Even when I sin in these moments of not trusting (help me to believe in my disbelief), His grace is MORE than I ever imagined.  This week, I begin a new leg of the journey, and as I strive to maintain progress in all areas of my life, I pray that I won't stop - that my pursuit will be pure in His will for all of the good that He brings to this life, to this world.  That even in the moments of hurt, self-sacrifice, seeing others struggle and not understanding, the evil and hatred that attacks each of us from the enemy - that I will not stop until my work is complete here in this broken world.  That His sanctification will always be enough.  That His grace will continue to reveal to me that my identity in Him is all that ever mattered, and that my spirit will be led by His promise of eternal glory.  Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal