'Regenerated Rejuvenation'

August of 2014, and I have not posted in so many months.  Last year in fact. Hard to believe that much time has passed, and how quickly it goes by.  For those that have followed this blog in the past, I have had a couple of you approach me, or even someone that I have known for years and she stumbled upon this and we engaged on a different level of being real with each other about the facts of life.  Know that many moments in my life pop into my head as bloggable.  Sometimes just the simple joy of a hug from my beautiful Alli when I come in the door, others kairos moments where God reveals something revelational in the quiet of a summer morn, the joy of music piercing my soul with the love that Jesus Christ, the savior of the world pours into me through magical notes that pleasure my soul somewhere I can't physically explain to you, the tears that come when my neighbor asks if I would get in the pool with him and be there to dunk him in baptism.  Life is some crazy sh#$ brah.  Or the times that I struggle with the daily work it takes to try to lead an incredible learning community for incredible children with incredible parents/grandparents/aunties(pronounced awn -t's) that I get to meet.  And the times I struggle with my own stupidity, the beauty my wife fricking radiates out of her own self.  But this is freeing me - even in typing this entry.  I hope this might serve as a record for others of how hard it is to follow Jesus in this world, and that there are others out there doing what you nutheads are doing:  doing your best to follow Jesus.  Tonight we started a huddle that we all hope will teach us to engage and be more like Him who sent us.  He who wants each of us to live a life of freedom, joy, love, suffering, labor, ecstasy, and times of distance.  I am regenerating my soul today, that I might do this each day of regenerated rejuvenation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day