Blogiversary 6.0

It is so hard for me to believe the journey I am on most days of my life. It has been six years since I started this blog. My oldest was just 8 years old. My youngest 5. That seems eons ago. Now both girls are becoming young women, and I couldn't be prouder of how they engage with god and with others in their lives. Superstar and I have been married 17 years, and together for over 20. Time ticks. And now I principal my a$$ off each day trying to serve the families of Flint, Michigan which is not the safest place in the world for children. And I lean in to Jesus for my strength. Some days it is all I can do to get my frame right to engage in the emotional labor it takes to do what I am doing each day. And the thing I am learning at this juncture is that is the ONLY way I can do this. The last six years have meant: giving up a great job; selling the house I built with my dad; moving away from family friends and community; not having any idea from year to year what job I am going to have; taking my girls away from everything they know to be normal- twice; doing my best to love others first - even people I don't necessarily like or agree with; being torn down by others for no reason; fighting for good; etc. it's been a challenging time in my life. But the blessings I receive each day are truly overwhelming when I pause my life and look at what really matters. It is following Jesus wrecklessly with abandon to my own desires. That is really all that matters each day.

Comments

Mohanlal Habib said…
Good One.. keep Goin, GodBlessU:)

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day