Unadulterated Forgiveness.

I am not going to lie to you - the transition back to NYC this fall was the most challenging so far.  I am convinced that hitting the 'easy' button - i.e. returning to the suburbia life in Michigan - for July was part of that difficulty.  It is hard to live a life of comfort and ease and self-serving behaviors in a most luxurious and comfortable environment for nearly a month, and then return to the streets of Brooklyn.  I didn't want to engage with serving others first.  I kind of enjoyed serving myself for a while.  But the more time I spend walking around this place, the more I am reminded of why we are here on earth as followers of Jesus.  To lay down our lives and serve others first.  This is no small task.  As a matter of fact, I don't truly think it is possible to do.  Unless of course, we press into that which Jesus calls us to do - to rely on Him.  To trust that He knows what is best, to trust that His perfect limitless will for us is enough.  That through His death on the cross, our selfish nature and our sin is gone.  Completely.  Unadulterated forgiveness.  And by His resurrection, we are renewed in the life of the Spirit.  And that Spirit will guide us to the truth.  Even when it hurts.  Even when it means sacrificial living.  Even when it means that life is H. A. R. D.  I walk these streets and see that God continues to bless me with wonderful nuggets each day.  A smile from a child.  A thank you.  Encouragement from others engaged in the life of following Jesus.  Laying next to my superstar knowing that I am on mission with the woman I love the most.  What glorious resounding pleasure overwhelms my soul. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal