Throw your arms around My Neck.

Once again in my life, there are so many unknowns that seem to unfold one after another. One after another. Unfolding. Unknown. It appears that my current role (which in case you live in a cave, I do love) is good through summer 2013. Beyond that - not sure really. But what a blessing. To know that I am ok here for another year. Thank you God for that blessing. To know for a year I can pour into what I am doing, try to help those I come in contact with, serve others in this role to the best of my ability. Very cool. But the uncertainty is sometimes daunting. I like to know the long-term plan. I like to have a vision of the future. And so many things in our lives seem to only be refined to short term knowledge. (That is a very profound statement - even if you can't feel the weight in this blog) But as I ran Saturday in the park (insert another blessing) I wrestled again with this challenge of short term knowledge. And the words of a song I listened to challenged me. It was a sweet song that talked about someone "throwing their arms around my neck". What a visual. Not just someone 'placing' their arms around your neck - picture 7th grade awkward dance with a girl that is much taller than you, the boy. But when you picture someone 'throwing their arms' around your neck - that to me symbolizes a deep sense of LOVE. I couldn't help but think of my superstar or my girls throwing their arms around my neck. Immediately my emotion was joy. When someone throws their arms around your neck - I don't think you can do much else than smile, or even laugh. And then I was challenged. Do I simply place my arms around the neck of Jesus? Is that enough? Or do I in fact need to "throw" my arms around Him? I am challenged that maybe I have just been placing my arms. Telling Jesus that I will 'hold on' to Him. But if I am truly following Him, shouldn't my love for Him, shouldn't my knowing Him lead me to throwing my arms around His neck?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal