Speak to my Heart

There are a few men in this world that speak new truths into my heart and my soul when they 'preach' if that is the correct term. One of course is pastor (Communitasnyc), who has by his own recognition, gotten much better at the public speaking. I remember the first time I heard him speak, his points hit me in the heart, but the delivery was not the best. Now he is in my top three, maybe even number one. I sure do miss hearing him each week because I know he spends time with God when he is preparing, and I know he has worked very hard to do that without notes.

Another person that speaks to my heart is Tim Keller, paster of Redeemer in nyc. He just hits every note whenever I hear a message from him. The books are a little too much without his inflections, pauses, etc., but great nonetheless.



Lastly is Greg Boyd, paster of Woodland Hills Church in the twin cities. His ADD puts me on track and keeps me engaged in the message he gives. His humor slays me. His passion for following Jesus at all costs is something I desire in my own life. So last night, we got to hear him at new community. Today, we got to listen to his message 'Escaping the Matrix'. The truth hits me when he speaks, just as when the other two in my top three speak. I am thankful that God has given people the talent to put words together and have those words hit you in the sould/spirit. I am thankful for an ipod to listen to messages more than I have in the past. I am thankful that people radically follow Jesus and help me to understand what that looks like.

Comments

Superstar said…
It was great to be able to attend his seminar together.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day