surrender.

As the drama of this life continues to unfold, God continues to ask me to surrender.  More.  Each Day.  ALL.  What is it that prevents us from such surrender?  What is it that we think we need to do/have/experience/whatever?  As I learn more about following Jesus, I learn more and more about surrender.  I learn that I need to step aside and let Him be the lead.  I must sacrifice my own desires in lieu of His.  I must not think in terms of this world, but in the heavenly realms, which - by the by - I know little.  I must not worry.  Or fret.  Or belittle the challenges I face.  I must charge on for the prize which I know has been set before me.  I must trudge across the frozen tundra of this world to get to the tropical island.  I must wade through the feces of darkness and lies and misconceptions of truth in order to gain access to His word that cleanses me of all sin.  I must force myself to put my desires away in each moment of the day, so that I might serve His desires which are always good.  And pure.  And holy.  And magnificent.  I must truly desire something that is not of me, or my will, or my own happenstance.  I must serve the King that has created me to do so much more in this world.  And I sit in my milk closet, and struggle with all of this reality, and just how to do it all.  In a broken world.  With broken people.  Including myself.  I wish I could say that each day I grow to surrender more to Him.  I dream of a day I can say that.  Forgive me, Lord, for my lack of surrender.  My lack of hope in what You desire.  I pray for strength in my surrender.

Comments

Sherri said…
Love you, Timm!

Let go. Stop trying. Just for a moment. There is so much there, just a glimpse leaves you breathless.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day