Spoiler alert.

Well, it has been a month.  Unplugged.  Unchecked.  Not completely true that I was unplugged.  I actually worked quite a bit in July, but we did manage much joy.  Spent the month in the great state of Michigan.  Pure Michigan as they say.  Not sure what makes the smell of Detroit pure to others, but whatever floats on a great lake I suppose.  The month was great.  Enjoyed family time with all the cousins, bros, sisses, in-laws, out-laws, friends, etc.  Good times.  Even got our Cedar Point/Maples Motel trip in, and got to hang with Izzorama on some great kids rides.  She drove me in the pink monster truck you know.  It is nice to unplug from this city, take some deep breaths, renew, recharge, and reenergize.  Truth be told, I was getting a bit antsy to return.  It is hard not sleeping in your own bed and your own apartment for a month.  But as I drove down I-80/95 toward the city, I was reminded of God's call on our family.  You get to a point on that stretch where the city comes into view for the first time, and the excitement I felt was delightful.  Not just because I had been in a car for 12 hours, either.  Being in this place is exciting to me.  Not just because of the energy or the possibilities or opportunities, but because my spirit seems to awaken here.  It was seriously a challenge for me to continuously engage with God on deep levels whilst in MI.  Not that I didn't, but it was a challenge.  Toward the end of my stay, I wasn't even trying very hard.  But as I drove across the GW, I was reminded of why we are here.  To serve.  The people in this city are quite incredible.  And as I walked and rode my bike the last couple of days here, the people and the culture of this city are reengaging to me.  I feel somehow back to normal.  (Comments to yourselves on me calling myself normal, thank you.)  I am happy to be here.  Now I need to stop serving myself, and work on serving those around me as if they were more important than I consider myself.  I read that somewhere this summer.  Oh yeah, it was in the bible.  Spoiler alert.  Jesus dies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal