Whitney Houston, Cont'd.

How will I know? As I sit and ponder this question, Jesus' sacrifices blow through my limited brain cells. There is nothing good but God Jesus told us, and yet we call this Good Friday. The good part is that Jesus loved us so much that he bore the sin of the world on his shoulders and separated himself from God for our sin. Overwhelming to contemplate, and beyond our comprehension as far as I'm concerned. Everyone always wants to talk about the love and grace of Jesus and God, but seriously consider what Jesus did on this day over 2000 years ago. He took on the beatings, spittings, hair pulling, blood letting, did I mention the beatings? All so that we would fulfill the new covenant with our creator. All so we could experience and understand the love that God meant for us. Spend some quiet time today considering the weightiness of that suffering for YOU.

Anyway-How will I know? Where to live in NYC? What neighborhood God wants us in? Which apartment to sign up for? When? Who to listen to, who to ignore? The answer-Good Friday. I'm going to follow the promptings from the Holy Spirit that Jesus promised would guide me. I have a sneaking suspicion that He already has this one figured out. I mean, please. Look at the history. Job for little whitey from R-town nowhere to NYC-check. House sold during the worst economic slump evar-check. A salary that will allow us to live in NYC and eat and pay our bills-check. Peace with the family in the midst of taking on the hardest thing evar-check. Finding an apartment with unlimited choices-I am going to do a preemptive strike here and say check. Whitney Houston ain't got nothin on me bro.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal