Another Saturday Night

And there we were, on our way to Cutie Petootie's first birthday party. This week brought comfort from God on obtaining work in NYC. That was a great boost to my struggle with actually being crazy enough to do what he says. More comfort came in spending the entire afternoon with the launch team. I mean, you take these people, and God asks them to do something. They respond by actually stopping to listen, hearing Him, and then doing what He says. Just another Saturday night, right? Not exactly. How much more powerful can you get than spending quality time with others that listen and respond? The joy and the laughter and the smiles are inexplicable. Sick Pete, the Yankee, Amsterdam, and the Pastor all in the same room just yucking it up. No particular reason, just yucking.
(Although Sick Pete and I enjoyed the Yankee and the Pastor walking out in mid conversation, with them not even knowing we were in mid conversation!)
It was very enjoyable getting to know la Puertoriqueña, Fruit Salad, Megs, AP, and Mother of K's as well. It's intriguing for me to think about the future in NYC and how these Godly women will have a positive influence on my daughters. Will Alli and Livvy spend the rest of their youth learning to trust God because these women (and Superstar, of course) have followed Him?

And when Another Saturday Night was over, Sunday came. The message was on membership, and they showed the ten year video. (Great shots of Andrews' glasses and Wilson's hair) It's hard to believe that 17 people started on the Kensington team in 1990. Because they were willing to follow God and listen, and hear, and respond, over 25,000 people will hear/see/feel Jesus this Christmas. As I sat and thought about the NYC team, I envisioned what our 10 year video might include....I envisioned what our church might look like eighteen years from now. All because people are willing to listen. To hear. To respond. Will you?

Comments

K said…
huh... Allie and Livvy 10 years from now in NY, watching their parents give up everything for Christ, living with people who have done the same, I can't even imagine what they will look like and act like, but I can't wait to see!!
Anonymous said…
I love your blog. It is an insight that I don't always see. I knew there were deep thoughts bouncing around in that bald head; I just don't always get to hear them over the ramblings of the youth in our lives. Tust ON. Tmp

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.