Way too long

Well, it certainly has been way to long since I posted a blog entry, and for that I am regretful. I have so many times in the last couple months felt compelled to blog this, that, or the other, and yet, nothing here to show for it. There is plenty to report, process, and evaluate.
-I spent 37 days out of Brooklyn starting July 1st. That was great, magnificent, enjoyable, rewarding, relaxing, and exhilerating. But it was too long for me. At the same time it was all those things, it was also a bit too long for me to be away from my home. Of course, the girls were with me most of that time, so that was another bonus, but this is my hood. My people. My life. I found myself dreaming of being in Brooklyn, in my neighborhood, in my apartment. I am ever thankful that I am able to escape the city for such a stretch, as the city does grind on you, but not sure I am explaining this very well. Truth is, I love my life here in the city, my neighbors, the park, my bed, the pace of life. Thanks be to God for calling me here.
-So much enjoyed time with my dad and family, Char's family, friends, and all the joy of summer vacation. It was the first summer without my mom, and I certainly miss her presence, her giving, her love, her voice calling me down the hallway. I am still ever thankful that she was my mom and that I got to enjoy as much of her as I did in my lifetime. Each day is precious, and we need to be reminded of that - to live today and enjoy each moment and not get all jacked up worrying about stupid things.
-Cedar Point trip was just so fun this year again - thanks to the Maples motel for always being a great place to stay. It was such a joy to enjoy rides with our whole family - and to see Liv on the dragster for the first time. Just a ball all around.
-We were able to take our van off hospice and purchase a new used car - a Nissan Cube. It certainly fits our BKLY family well, and I am happy we found something that will meet all our needs, and that we had the resources to upgrade our vehicle instead of worrying about break downs/let downs/etc.
-I again started a new role at work for this year, and I can't express how excited I am about that. Yet again, God has pushed me to trust in Him completely, not in my desires or abilities. It feels as if though He is blessing me through this new role - that He is honoring the hard times I have faced and the challenges that have come to me through my work over the last two and a half years. I get to work with the aussie (that is sheer joy in and of itself), as well as an incredible team of people that really want to serve others and grow people in an effort to create great schools for the great kids and families we serve.
-Superstar and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary on June 29th, and we spent a night in Mt. Dismal to celebrate - got a chance to spend some great time with Rod Carew and it was so awesome to see him and his wife - and we hit all the hot spots we used to hang, saw our old apartments, and even got to have a bloody mary at the blackstone. Not to mention pabst there is only 1$.
-It is great to be back with such friends as the pastor. What an encouragement to go through life with people like he, cramden, and kallen. I have missed our time together and the encouragement we can provide each other. I look forward to another trip to the hamptons soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.