Give me everything you got.

Back in BKLY for a couple weeks now, it feels good to be home. We sat at a light the other day, and supersar said to me: "It feels good to be home." I can't agree with her statement more. It feels good to be home. If feels good to walk down Lexington with pastor. It feels good to catch up with the neighbors, to see alli and liv reengage with their friends, to be at the PIT for sunday gatherings, to stand at the DMV for over 7.5 hours total on two separate dates - ok, maybe that reminds me of spreading the love of Jesus more than the others...
I have been doing some excercise sessions trying to get more fit - working on my core. KT has inspired me with her hard work to track my calories again, and I am publically committing to trying to lose "the last 15" - the hardest ones to lose. But I am really going to work at it. (Thanks sis for inspiring me!) But I did go for a run this week in the park - and I am ever greatful for the ability to go over there and run. I often hear God speak to me in the beauty of nature in the midst of this grand city. This week I think He was trying to tell me "Give me everything you got." A lot of times, I feel like God speaks to me through my physical activity. As I ran, I physically gave it all I had (for brief periods, I do like breathing), and it sure did stretch my physically to sprint. I feel like God is asking me to give Him everything. True speak = I haven't really been doing that. We are human, and life consumes us. It really is challenging to live the way He wants us to live each day, each moment, each interaction with others. But I am willing to try my best to give Him everything I have this fall and beyond. He continues to stretch me in my new role. The comfort of being in a school, being confident at my abilities with students, parents, and staff is not a crutch I can lean on at this time. I thank God for my new role, for the ability to stretch myself, to learn new things, to work with the aussie and try to give the leaders everything we have. I am thankful that God continues to stretch me = physically, spiritually, in my work, in my relationships with family, friends, strangers. I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide me in giving it everything I have.

Comments

Charlotte Kelly said…
love reading these blog entries. Also like the new layout a lot. Groovy. Have been finding myself confessing to God lately that I have been "lukewarm" and need to be "on fire". THis is a good inspiration. Thankful to have you in my life, I am a lucky woman.
love the white back ground compared to the black. But miss your picture on the top.
Thanks for the truth and encouragment. You are a wonderful example of Godly living. tmp
KT said…
You're thanking ME? I love it. YOU are an inspiration to ME that I don't need to treat my body like this anymore! However.... I am glad to hear that my hard work has inspired someone else. I must say I find that humbling.... and exciting too!! 19 and counting my brother.......we CAN do this with the grace of God. Much LUV.
~KT

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.