You are always in the presence of God.

After 34 days away from Brooklyn, I finally got to spend the night in my own bed for a couple of days. The old me would not have been so excited to sleep in a 'full' size bed, but now it is my bed of choice. I didn't get to sleep with a superstar, but soon enough we will both be back in our little bed together.
It was great to have a delicious puertorican dinner of pork chops, beans and rice, and a delicious salad. The rican can cook some tasty morsels fo sho. Even got to have spinderello and sprinkle join in on the deliciousness. It was so so nice to see some of the friends that I have missed greatly being out of the city. Also got to double windsor it up with the rican friday night.
There are so many things that bring joy to my heart after being in the city for less than two days, even if I am sitting in an airport ready to head out for another week. The view of the skyline of nyc is overwhelming. Especially when I hear God saying "this is my city". Very cool. I realized even more than I thought that I truly missed being here and living an incredible life in this place with very special people. The people that you come in contact with each day. Unbelieveable. Truly incredible. Just walking to the store to get a couple items, people, people, people. This comes after somewhat of a realization/epiphany/conclusion moment last week in a training when AD said "this is all about people. helping people." I said to myself-that's it. That's what I want to do. Help people. That's it. No matter in what role, work, play, neighborhood, friendship, whatever. I want to help people. In any way possible. Wherever. Whenever. However. Help me, God, to see those opportunities.
Final thought of this post-I was given a yamaka today for the first time in my life. That's not something that would have happened to me living in R-town fo sho. It was from our friends' wedding. Special thanks to k-sill for the gift. Little does she know the great impact her thoughtfulness has had on me today. When she handed it to me, she said: "You are always in the presence of God." Why do we not act like that? Why do we not remember each moment of each day in our lives that we are in the presence of God? When she said it, it didn't hit me that hard, but the phrase continues to ring in my head all day today. I hope that I can act as if I believe that phrase, and that I live my life as if though it were true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day