Not often that I feel compelled to just love my wife. (I'm just being honest, gosh.) That is mostly due to the fact that she is a very independent person that isn't needy. But I don't think I thank her enough. I don't think I praise God enough for giving me the perfect wife to meet all my needs and desires in this lifetime. Did I mention that she is Hot with a capital R? Thanks to pastors (yup - it had been plural for a while now) I was encouraged to make sure that with the flexibility of my new schedule to engage with the superstar each week. To calendarize the priority of spending time with her - and just engaging with each other in our lives. We have been doing it for a month or so. Nothing big - just go get a coffee and chat. OK, truth is I do most of the listening. That's just how it is. (Did I mention Terrace Bagels are generally part of the equation?) But today I am reminded of just how much God loves me by spending time thinking about how fortun...
It has been a week since the death of my mother. A week ago right now, I was going on 14 minutes of sleep knowing that my mom had made her transition to heaven. That day brought many emotions for certain. A lot of sadness and grief knowing that she was gone from this world. Sadness in knowing that I would never again hear the sweet sound of my mother's voice calling my name from somewhere off in the distance. Knowing that my children would no longer run from here to there shouting "GRANDMA!" as I have so many times seen them do with such joy in their hearts. Knowing that I would never again on this earth see Hon and Hon holding each other. Kissing. Making each other laugh. This doesn't seem like a moment to speak about the beauty of life, yet I can only find myself focusing the last few days on just that - the beauty of life. I can say with some certainty that I did experience one (if not the) of the most beautiful things I have ever had the pleasure of expe...
I have NOT wanted to write this post. I have avoided it, started writing the title, and stopped. Put it on my to do list. Played games on my phone instead of doing what I know I should. This is a pattern that is hard to avoid for me. When I don't have a strong desire to accomplish a task, it usually falls to the bottom of my to do list. Or gets copied on to a new to do list because it is the only thing left to do on that list. Seems foolish, no? However, not starting this post isn't really about the desire, it's about me pushing into the reality of this broken world we live in. As a leader for several years now, I have valued the people I get to work with, come alongside, challenge and encourage, you know the drill. I am currently reading Trillion Dollar Coach - and it is reminding me of the beliefs I hold. If you are familiar with PCM, you know that is my persister channel punching through the wall. The book has a headi...
Comments