Many laughs

It is sad to not be in the city for now, but God continues to give me gifts of joy to fill my heart. Today, a girl in first grade read me the book Walter, the Farting Dog. If you haven't read it, you might want to pick up a copy. It was great to be back at school this week with my new place of employment. I'm helping a kindergarten boy to get his lunch today, and as he walks away from me, he says "Thanks, homey". That is something special I say. Benzr also started a new game this week at our school where she takes a picture of me, and posts it somewhere in the school. Whoever finds it gets a point, and at the end of the game, the person with the most points gets a prize. Who knew it would create so much excitement?
I have always loved kids-fo sho as sick pete would say. The smile and the laugh and the eyes that look up to you as if to show you how much joy is in their body that wants to come out from those eyes and lift the world up and make it smile. Whatever that means. I ahve never felt so engaged with kids in a school as I do now. I just want to take all of them and squeeze their guts out. Anywho-it's great that God fills your emptiness with just what you need. Thanks God.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Better be careful talking about squeezing kids guts out, it might get misunderstood and you could loose your job working with students!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.