It is really unbelievable to me that I started this blog over eight (yes, 8) years ago in December of '07.  God has certainly taught me so much about who He is, who He wants me to be, and how to live my life according to His will.  At times, I don't feel like I have made much progress in this area, but clearly there is evidence to support my claims.  I am a runner.  That alone is proof that God can do miracles.  I now submit my career and my work completely to Him as much as I can understand today how to do that.  Miracle.  I have moved across this country with my family - twice - knowing that He has called me to do something specific for His will, not mine.  Miracle.  I long for time to simply be in His PRESENCE.  Miracle.  That is my word for 2016 - Presence.  I have been challenged by an incredible woman -Lee Bee- to focus on a word that God gives me to pay attention to for the last couple of years.  I felt like God gave me this word while running (miracle) in LO (did I mention this is only by God's hand that we might live in LO?) a few weeks ago, just after the 8 year blogiversary.  And since then, He continues to teach me what I need to know about trying to live fully in His presence - which takes me back to finding a small maybe 2 inch by 1 inch book while on a retreat with Communitasnyc - "Practicing the Presence of God" written by a brother.  True Story.  So here are my resolutions for the year:
1) to practice His presence each day
2) to run at least three days each week
3) to write more
4) to read more
5) to engage with men in an effort to help us grow toward God and each other
6) to pay attention to my "re-create" list to be sure I am being filled by His holy spirit

And so it goes - 2016 is the year of the Presence, I pray Lord that you guide my every step, lead me to Your ways and Your love, patience, and mercy. Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

10 years in a day