Where is your passion?

This summer, I had someone ask me a question: "If you could make up a job for yourself, what would it be?"  Being a principal certainly did not pop into my head.  Don't take this the wrong way.  I enjoy my job - most of the time.  I do feel like in America educators were once valued by the general populous.  Not so anymore.  That's your job.  Your scores aren't high enough.  You are over budget.  Your parents aren't highly satisfied.  As if a principal of a school might have ultimate power of influence over the surrounding lives and setting events for staff, students, parents, and community.  As if we go in our office and pull out our magic wand and pull the proverbial rabbit out of our hat.  It is not so.  It is a rewarding job when you see students and staff growing.  It is rewarding when a parent thanks you for knowing their daughter's first name.  But the passion for education for me seems to be fading.  I have felt that God has been nudging me to something else.  Something different.  I have felt that He is leading me to serve more.  Do less.  Engage with my daughters and wife more.  70-80 hours a week doesn't seem the healthiest time schedule to raise two daughters - and I am already dreading the fact that I won't be able to attend all of my daughter's games.  So where is my passion?  It is with Jesus.  I wish someone would pay me to learn more about the bible, to read more books on growing churches, disciples, and reaching out to those in need across the globe.  Perhaps that is what is next, and I completely trust that if God is calling my passion to do something different, He is all things, and can do all things.  For today, I will do my best to serve the passions in front of my eyes (even if I have pink eye).  I pray that God continues to reveal to me next steps in determining my passions so that others might be pointed to Him who sent me to this place.  I pray that if there are people that can help me discern, that He would put them in my path and in my life, and I pray that he reveals to me this week even what is next for His purpose.  Praise the almighty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day