Love. Exciting and New.

Sixteen years ago today, in the great state of Michigan, it was 99 degrees outside.  (Or thereabouts) Hottest day of the year they say.  And it was a glorious day.  People always told me "you never forget your wedding day", and I never really knew what they were saying.  But today, 16 years later, I can remember nearly every minute detail of the day.  And included in each of those moments is a sense of pure joy.  You may know that I am somewhat of a dreamer, a visionary type if you will.  I have come to learn that this is what drives me to lead others, and pushes me to be my best at work, at home, and in my life.  I knew for certain I wanted to be with my superstar - early.  I had inclings along the way, but in 1992, I pushed for it.  In 1993 we had our first date, and the rest, as they say, is history.  This incredible Godly woman has changed my life in ways I never saw coming in my visionary picture of us being together.  God clearly saw that I had a need for a woman that would be strong and be willing to question my stupidity and lofty ideas at times.  He certainly went above and beyond what I ever deserved in a wife - her sheer beauty at times takes my breath away.  I catch myself at times just staring at her when she doesn't know it - exploring her beauty anew.  God created this woman - and she is beautiful in so many ways. 
My vision was hopeful to say the least.  I was hopeful that this beautiful woman would fall in love with me, and that we would live happily ever after.  I have a much better idea after these 16 years of what love is and what it is not.  It is an action.  Not just an emotion - or something you feel.  It is purposeful action.  And the more I put purpose behind my actions to honor this superstar, the more emotions I feel about who she is and how beautiful God created her, and the more I want to do for her.  But I never had a strong sense so many years ago that my life would be so full because of my superstar.  I never expected this family you see in this photo - I never expected to experience things that I have experienced because of her.  She brings great joy - Godly joy - to my heart, my soul, and my mind.  I love you superstar more that words could ever display.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day