I remember you.

As I read my bible today, I was in Phillipians 1, and quite a few things hit me whilst I was reading it. Verse 3 says "I thank my God every time I remember you." And upon finishing that sentence, waves of friends crashed over me from my lifetime - madonnawannabe that I got to hug on 24th street after 18 years, hammy, cdubs, jimmer, mg, berman, swinging D, schramdaddy, BGSUCKS, cay-uh, sick pete, the jerky boys, fishman, iiwii, bb, and so many many more. Waves crashing over me of friendships that God has blessed me with. And I thank God for all of the friendships I have. Those are just a few from the past that I remember hitting me. Then my friends from the present bowl over me. Pastor. Aussie. Rockinthemic. And I thank God for them. For my dad who texts me regularly nowadays. Then I read on in Verse 7 - "It is right fro me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. (8)God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
This is the affection I have for those I love. The affection of Jesus. Tears well up as I think of that affection, and the affection I have for those I love. Just like he loves me. And I pray that the Holy Spirit would guide my heart to love others I don't know in that fashion. That my heart would long for others, and that I could express the affection of Jesus to them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.