A new Workout.

Over the last week, I have started a new workout regimen that I found in Men's Health this month. I have enjoyed getting myself into better shape over the last couple of years, and I certainly feel better about my general health and fitness levels. Eating right and excercising can do some incredible things to your body. I never felt the need to take better care of myself, and I never felt like I wasn't well. But now looking back at the extra 50 some pounds I had to carry around, the smoking that limited my body, and the eating habits I maintained, I am surprised that I didn't realize what I was doing to myself. Peep this from Corinthians 6:

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

The benefits to honoring God with my body are transforming physically, as well as mentally. As well as emotionally. As well as spiritually. Which leads me to once again make the correlation between my physical dimension and my spiritual one. I am challenged once again to elevate my game in spending time with God. The message is not posted yet on the communitas website but you should definitely listen to the message MM gave that pulled the emotions from my heart on 6/6/10. And so I am renewed and refreshed in being certain that I spend time listening to God. Not just reading the bible, but taking the time as it says in Psalms 46:10 to "Be still, and know that I am God".

So, we got the physical - check. Got the spiritual - check. Now for the worldly. I do know my 'assignment' for the next year with my company, which I am very excited about and so looking forward to I can hardly stand it. But New York did finally pass a new charter school law to try to nab some of the Race to the Top funds. For some unknown political reason (notice the lack of focus on students and learning in this sentence), part of the law is that for profit companies can no longer open new charter schools. I won't spend all day going into the fact that performance from our company (and the ONE other for profit that I know about) has continued to outperform the public schools in comparable locations at an alarming rate. But that brings with it another sense of wonder as to what might happen beyond this next year for T$'s work situation. I can tell you that I am definitely not worried about it, because God has continued to provide more for my family and me than I EVAR dreamed of, and I know He is faithfull to me in my efforts to follow Jesus. But it does raise my curiosity in what might happen beyond this year. But again, this is a new workout. Pastor's email challenged me once again when he said:

"Seems like uncertainty about the future is the path you have to walk a bit longer, or maybe for a lifetime."

Kind of interesting to look at it that way. But I am so comfortable in that uncertainty, even if it is for a lifetime, it is freaky. Here's why from Phillipians 4:

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

He is with me, and I am at peace. Even if it is uncertain. Even in the midst of not knowing once again what might come to be for the kkft. I 'rejoice in the Lord', for that is enough for me. Today. In my new workout.

Comments

Charlotte Kelly said…
WHat's the deal? I commented yesterday and it didn't show up? Now I don't remember what I said. I think I said "I like the hot new bod. but most of all I like the transformed spirit! and I love being on this adventure with you, serving our Lord together!"

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal